Drawing is a form of visual art in which various drawing instruments like pencils, pen, ink, brushes, crayons, charcoals, and pastels are used to mark a paper or other mediums. The drawings in caves and rocks from the prehistoric times are some of the evidence that It has been one of the oldest forms of human expression and communication.
Almost everyone wants to be able to draw perfectly, however getting better at drawing requires the combination of your passion for art, using proper techniques, patience, determination and more practice.
Here are some helpful tips on how to improve your drawing skill:
- Take time to study and observe the object that you want to draw so you can put it exactly as it is in your medium.
- Make sure your drawing shows the consistency of your style, and use a drawing instrument and a medium that you know very well.
- Simplify the object that you are going to draw into basic shapes. Identify the shapes that compose the object then draw the outlines to make it easier to draw.
- Consider the line quality wherein you will use the thickness and thinness of a line to emphasize an image and to add interest and variety to your drawing.
- Draw freely every day with your shoulder by moving your whole arm rather than just using your wrist.
Practice and more practice will inevitably bear its fruit. With patience and determination, you can get it perfectly done soon as you go along.
If you have insights about the article, please leave a comment below.