App icons are the first thing we see when we search for an app in the app store. It is true that first impression lasts because the moment we see an app icon that’s where we start deciding if the app is interesting. A cheap-looking icon can make us think the app is low quality or it could also be a fake app. I have listed down 5 tips on designing an app icon which can help in making the chance of installing the app higher.
- Design an icon which conveys the main feature of the app so that app users will know its function at first glance.
- Bring out more of originality and avoid copying app icons of competitors to avoid copy infringement issues.
- Too much text and actual photos for an icon are cheap and considered as a taboo.
- Use fewer colours and some unique forms to make the image more attractive and memorable.
- Create icons that are simple and easy to comprehend to avoid confusion about the real function of the app.
Remember that the icon represents the app in the app store as well as the company who created it, so a high-quality image is necessary. So make sure to follow these tips!
Do you need an icon for your app? Overpass Design is here for you!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can create a masterpiece icon for you at an affordable price.
If you have insights about the article, please leave a comment below.